Pure Grenada Dive Fest
October 11 2017
Join us as we host our first ever Dive Fest. The four-day event is being planned by the Grenada Scuba Diving Association (GSDA) from 11th to 14th October 2017. During the event dive shops in Grenada and Carriacou will put on a number of activities that will embrace divers of all skill levels. The Festival will also showcase just why diving in Pure Grenada is ‘Out of this World!’
The schedule for the festival is shown below:
Wednesday 11th October:
- Ceremony at Coconut Beach Restaurant
- Launch of an Underwater Photography Competition. Entries will be invited for the most creative selfie, best wreck image and best reef image. Entries must be submitted by Friday 13th October and prizes will be awarded at the closing ceremony.
Thursday 12th October:
- Beginners Pool Diving
- Beginners Beach Diving
- Experienced Divers Wreck Diving
Friday 13th October:
- Island-wide outreach to students on the importance of our marine environment
- All day Marine Park Diving at the Molinere/ Beausejour Marine Protected Area (MPA) in Grenada and Sandy Island/Oyster Bed MPA in Carriacou
- PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) registered dive shop members will conduct a “Dive Against Debris” cleanup drive under the Project Aware Charity for Ocean Conservation.
Saturday 14th October ('Lionfish Day'):
- Parade of dive boats from Morne Rouge Bay to go hunting for the invasive Caribbean Lionfish. These surprisingly tasty fish will then be prepared at the Coconut Beach Restaurant for the enjoyment of patrons.
- Closing social event and prize giving ceremony for the photo competition
All are welcome to Pure Grenada, the Spice of the Caribbean for Dive Fest in October 2017. Whether you are a beginner, an expert or intermediate level diver, Pure Diving in Pure Grenada is just right for you!